The average person will spend a total of 3,680 hours, or 153 days of their life, searching for misplaced items. Typically, the only time many of us think about decluttering our homes or spaces is when we're getting ready to move. Whether you're moving or just want to save time and space, this easy five-bin approach is a great way to start simplifying your living environment.
The 5-bin approach:
- Bin 1: Items that need to be put away.
- Bin2: Items to be fixed.
- Bin 3: Items to donate.
- Bin 4: Items to be recycled.
- Bin 5: Items to discard.
What about sentimental items?
1. Decide if it's worth keeping.
2. Choose a few items that remind you of a loved one.
3. Keep in mind, you can get rid of an item without getting rid of the memory.